WARRANTIES AND REPLACEMENT TERMS
ALANKARAM warrants that each of its products is free from defects in material and/or workmanship. Subject to the limitations and exclusions herein, ALANKARAM, at its sole discretion under the limited twelve months warranty, will either replace or repair a manufacturing defect with comparable product or components.
Wood being a natural material will have some flaws, variation in color/grains, or imperfections, which is considered part of its natural beauty. Natural variations in colour, knots, stress marks, etc. are not considered defects of workmanship and materials. Wood surfaces are subject to denting, scratching, etc. if not properly used and cared for. Users should also be aware that all surface finishes mellow with age.
Our designs evolve over a time and there may be some variation in angles, elements, etc. compared to what is seen online. Each furniture being individually handmade may have minor variation in size, shape and finish. Handmade fabric will have some variation in print, color, patches, patterns, etc.
Limitations, exclusions and conditions of Warranty
- The warranty begins with the date of purchase as reported in the invoice.
- ALANKARAM requires proof of purchase from the original buyer.
- ALANKARAM must be notified of any defect and given an opportunity to remedy it; any remedial work carried out by a third party will nullify this warranty.
- The warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear, dents or scratches or usual deterioration that occurs during the course of regular use. Fading, knots opening, cracking and splitting due to normal expansion and contraction of wood on its reaction to climatic changes in its environment is deterioration expected over a period of time and are not covered in the warranty.
- It requires that the product should not have been misused or handled carelessly and has not been wilfully damaged, neglected or used in abnormal conditions, fire, flood, weather, relocation, etc. For example, chairs should be used for sitting purpose and leaning back on its two legs can damage the furniture. Tables should not be used for standing or sitting on. Damages arising from any misuse, force or mishandling are not covered.
- It requires that the product has not been modified, altered or transformed in any way.
- Hardware malfunctioning that requires setting changes, such as that of drawer channels and hinges of doors, loosing of the screw, etc., are not covered in the warranty.
- Drawers/doors may run tight or lose due to high variation in humidity and temperature in surrounding atmosphere. These are not covered under warranty.
- Appropriate maintenance must be carried out in accordance with ALANKARAM’s care instructions. ALANKARAM will not be responsible for any defects due to the application of any treatment product that is not recommended by ALANKARAM.
- If a product or its part has to be replaced and that particular product or part is no longer available, ALANKARAM reserve the right to use an alternative similar product or part.
- Wood finishes and upholstery fabrics are not warranted as care as well as the environment in which it is used generally has more influence on the performance and life of the product.
- These Limited Warranties provide coverage to the original purchaser and do not apply to rented or commercial uses.
- Damage caused by the carrier in-transit will be handled as per the norms of the carrier and insurance agency. Such damages should be notified on the same day as receipt of the goods and should be notified to the delivery agent at the time of delivery.
- All furniture should be opened and checked for any defect/damage. Any such issue should be notified within 24 hours of receipt of goods. No claim after 24 hours will be considered. If furniture is not going to be used for a long time, it is desirable that they should be opened and kept in safe and cool place to avoid accidental and heat damage.
- The return of goods in case of in-transit damage should be in the original packing received by the customer.
- The cost of transportation of goods to be repaired or replaced is to be borne by the customer except for replacement due to in-transit damage notified if notified at the time of the delivery.
NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY HAS BEEN MADE OR WILL BE MADE ON BEHALF OF ALANKARAM WITH RESPECT TO THE FURNITURE AND ITS PARTS, OR THE OPERATION, REPAIR, OR REPLACEMENT OF THE FURNITURE AND ITS PARTS.